On Saturday night I saw Grand Budapest Hotel. And it was fucking incredible. The best part is that I was being dragged my my friends to see Divergent (not dragged, I totally invited myself), but it was sold out (yess!) and Grand Budapest Hotel was starting ten minutes later (I wish I had planned this, but it really was a total coincidence).
Anyway, it was one of those movies that reminded me how much I love seeing a really (really) good movie. I was smiling through the whole thing and crying by the end and told everyone I knew to go see it the second I left the theater. I just wanted to go back in and watch it again.
In honor of this new movie that I love so much, I’m going to make a list of some of my other movie loves (fair warning: I will probably be taking the desert island/Oprah’s favorite things approach blogging more often than not)
1. Bridesmaids – Because obviously. I have watched this movie pretty much at least once a month since it came out. It has never gotten less funny. I try my best to work most of the lines into every conversation. I know “I’m pretty impressive!” Also being the raging feminist that I am I’m a big fan of the blow it dealt to the “women can’t be funny” philosophy. Because those women are fucking funny.
Speaking of Consuela…
2. Away We Go– Because John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph are the most believable awesome beautiful fictional couple ever and I want them to be my parents and raise me in that beautiful house with the orange tree. Also Allison Janney and Jim Gaffigan and Maggie Gyllenhaal and Jeff Daniels and Catherine O’Hara and Chris Messina and Paul Schneider. That cast is INCREDIBLE. Also its hysterical
So far Maya Rudolph is 2 for 2.
3. Frances Ha – God just watch it. Greta Gerwig is a majestic and magnificent. I love Greta Gerwig. I want to be Greta Gerwig. Does this mean I’m an annoying white hipster? Probably. Does that bother me? A little. Have I accepted it? Completely. Also Modern Love by David Bowie plays twice so…
4. Mean Girls – This movie defines high school. Plus Tina Fey wrote it. So obviously its perfect. Just like her.
5. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off- If you don’t understand this, you don’t deserve the explanation.